Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What's the big deal?

Indian Oven
Old Market, Omaha

This will be a short review because I will admit upfront that before dining here I had already had more than a couple cocktails.  It is possible my perception was impaired.  However, I have to say I don't understand what the big deal is.  I enjoy Indian food from time to time and I have had several locals say to me, "If you like Indian, you should definitely try Indian Oven."  So... I did.

The atmosphere is nice.  The service was pleasant.  The food was underwhelming. 

My favorite part of the meal was the rice. 

Several items were served lukewarm at best.  The spice level was bland and the flavors a bit muddled.  the menu disclaimer was off putting.  It was not the worst meal I've ever had but certainly not something I would rave about.  Except for the rice.  The rice was really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment