Wednesday, September 8, 2010

To Begin With...

Is there anything better than a delicious meal prepared and cleaned up by someone else? I find it very relaxing and satisfying to have a well prepared meal regardless of who prepared it, including myself. It is unfortunate when you are planning a nice night out, perhaps trying a new place, and poor service or unsavory dishes put a damper on everything. I hope you find tales of my experiences helpful. Along the way, I will also include personal cooking experiments. When it comes to trying new things, I have no fear. My parents are fond of reminding me (and anyone else they can tell) that as a child I put butter and garlic on my oatmeal one morning. Recognizing butter and garlic are a nearly unbeatable combination, I have learned they don't necessarily go with everything. I have become significantly better in developing flavor profiles! What I lack in formal training, I make up for in enthusiasm. I love food. I love dining out. I enjoy cooking. Join me, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment